We are currently accepting agented and non-agented submissions. We are HIGHLY open to new writers! Please follow the small list of guidelines and you just may be on your way to becoming published!!
Lock & Key Publications publishes novellas and full-length novels in the range of 20,000-140,000 words in length.
Fiction Genres: romance, erotica (including BDSM), GBLT, fantasy, mystery, science fiction and speculative fiction, suspense, thriller, historical, young adult, contemporary, western, adventure, paranormal and supernatural, horror, humorous, and Non-fiction (query first).
We are particularly interested in:
- Paranormal and supernatural
- Young Adult
- Novel length works (60,000 words and up).
How to submit to Lock & Key Publications:
Submit a cover letter in the body of the email that contains the following:
- Genre & Heat Level (scroll down to view levels of hotness)
- Word Count
- Brief synopsis
- A short biography-what made you decide to write this storyline? Which authors have inspired you to write?
- Your marketing plan/goals, should we accept your manuscript for publication. We expect our authors to be active in the marketing of their titles alongside our efforts. *No worries here, we will work one-on-one with marketing!*
*Cover letter doesn’t have to be anything fancy. We just want to get to know you and your masterpiece!*
After the synopsis has nearly given you a headache, please attach the following to your cover letter in .doc or .rtf format:
- For stories less than 50,000 words: Send us the complete manuscript with your contact information, title, word count, and genre at the top of the first page.
- For novels 50,000 and up: Send us the first five chapters, with your contact information, title, word count, and genre at the top of the first page.
- Your manuscript should contain either 1-1/2 or double spacing and one inch margins. Use a 12 pt. Times Roman or Georgia font.
- Sweet & Innocent -1 flame (anything from no romance to sex behind closed doors)
- Mild Sauce -2 flames (can contain several lovemaking scenes without graphic language)
- Highly Sensual & Daring – 3 flames (can include hot, frequent love scenes, standard for mainstream romance)
- Erotic Romance & A Little Kinky – 4 flames (includes clinical or graphic terms for body parts and intercourse. The story must contain a romantic theme. It may include light BDSM, GBLT, ménage and anal sex as long as its frequency does not outweigh vanilla sex.)
- Erotica & That’s the Way Uh-Huh Uh-Huh I Like It! -5 flames (highly explicit/graphic/frequent may include heavier use of BDSM, ménage and anal. Not entirely dependent on romance.)
- Beyond BDSM -6 flames (highly explicit/graphic/frequent including extremely heavy use of BDSM, ménage and anal. Sex so hot that we are cautioned to keep an extra pair of panties on hand!)
Send to Lock & Key Publications with a subject line: SUBMISSION_your name_book title
Submit your Submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*For the sake of our sanity, please only submit one manuscript per email.*
*Please allow up to six to eight weeks for a response.*
Lock & Key Publications pays 50% royalties on net revenue to the Author for eBooks and 50% net on revenue for print. We hold all rights for up to five (5) years from date of publication *depending on agreement between author & publisher*. We do not pay advances. Rights requested are worldwide for ebooks and US, Canada, Australian, and UK print rights.
If we accept your manuscript for publication, we will supply you with specific formatting guidelines. You must be able to edit with a track changes feature (Microsoft word has this).